The creation, since January 2020 of a service that has the ambition to encourage, federate and support the touristic ecosystem of Marseille towards a more responsible tourism. It was created to constantly improve the quality of the reception of the tourists (of agreement and affairs), to raise awareness about the stakes of a perennial development for our territory, and to create a sustainable virtuous circle for all the socio-professionals of the destination and business carriers.
Marseille, an innovative and sustainable destination
The birth of a new service
5 axes of evolution
The objective is for us to evolve towards resilient, decarbonized, solidary, and respectful to the local population systems by creating a sustainable innovation dynamic for everything going through these 5 ambitions:
- A green tourism : at the service of the environmental performance
- A fluid tourism: on the distribution of flows and seasonalities
- A citizenship tourism: respectful towards the local populations
- An innovative tourism: creator of ressources and employment
- An engaged and solidary tourism: that participates the fight against inequalities
A commitment and a specific plan of action allowing to decline concrete projects in favor of sustainable tourism* was elaborated to finally act and make or practices evolve.
*According to the World Tourism Organization (ONWTO), sustainable tourism is a “tourism that fully takes into consideration its economic, social and environmental impacts in the present as well as in the future, responding to the need of visitors, professionals, the environment and of host communities. (source ATD)
- The environmental aspect: by placing the preservation of nature at the heart of the touristic valorisation and by supporting the saving of natural resources.
- The social aspect: by encouraging intercultural tolerance and the respect of the lifestyle of local populations,
- The economical aspect: by applying a fair sharing of the economical fallouts coming from tourism and viable and sustainable employability.
Concrete actions for the development of this strategy
The Office has committed to three short-term programs that cover both the external dimension with our stakeholders and the internal functioning of our structure.