Three motorways linking Spain, Italy and Northern Europe intersect at Marseille, putting the city less than an hour from the Camargue, the heart of Provence and two hours from the French Riviera and the Alps.
If you are coming from Lyon, Aix (North) on the A7 / A51 take the exit “Vieux-Port/Aubagne/Toulon/Menpenti” then the tunnel and then the exit “Vieux-port”.
If you are coming from Fos / Montpellier / Barcelona on the Autoroute du Littoral A55 take the exit “Vieux-Port/Aubagne/Toulon/Menpenti” go through the tunnel and then exit at the “Vieux-port”.
If you are coming from Cassis, Toulon, Nice and Genoa (East) on the A50
Follow the direction “Vieux-Port-Centre-Ville” or take the Prado-Carénage tunnel and exit at the Vieux-port.
Public car parks near the Tourist Office
Centre Bourse (Rue Reine Elizabeth)
Parking Indigo Charles De Gaulle
Cours d’Estienne d’Orves Indigo car park
Q-Park Marseille Vieux-Port car park
You arrive at Marseille Provence Airport in Marignane. The airport is located approximately 27 kilometres from the centre of Marseille.
From Marseille Provence Airport, you have several options:
- A shuttle bus service n°91
Airport / Marseille city centre (arrival at Gare Saint-Charles or Silo)
Departure every 20 minutes. The direct route by motorway takes about 30 minutes to reach the city centre of Marseille
- Taxi service
Tel : 04.42.14.24.44/ 06.25.23.13.19
Service 7 days a week and 24 hours a day
Count an average of 50 euros during the day and 60 euros during the night (night rate applicable from 7pm to 7am, Sundays and public holidays).
From the Cruise Port (Gate 4)
- Free shuttle service from the cruise port (from 9am to 5pm every 30 minutes) Please note that the shuttle is only available on cruise arrival/departure days. This shuttle will take you to the city centre, La Joliette district
- Public transport: RTM bus n°35T or 35 (located at the exit of the Port de Croisière) – Direction La Joliette
- Taxi service (expect to pay around 20 euros for the trip)
From Place de la Joliette to the Tourist Office.
- By Metro: Line 2 (direction Sainte Marguerite/Dromel) change line at Gare Saint-Charles station, take Line 1 (direction la Fourragère) and stop at Vieux-Port station.
- By tram: line T2 (towards La Blancarde) or line T3 (towards Castellane) and get off at Belsunce -Alcazar.
- On foot: Walk for about 20 minutes, either on the “sea side” Quai de la Joliette or on the “city side” Rue de la République.
You are almost there, just a few minutes walking up the famous Canebière and here you are!
An evolving rail network.
More than 200 daily trains and about twenty rotations between Paris and Marseille every day (3 hours).
How to get to the Tourist Office from Saint-Charles railway station
Direct access to the Metro via the escalator in the main entrance hall of the station.
Line 1 (La Rose-La Fourragère) Direction La Fourragère / Stop at Vieux-Port station.
You can buy your ticket in the metro station (at the ticket office or at a vending machine)