Our 5 participants were surprised by all the changes that the city has made in recent years and are keen to recommend the city to their clients. They were able to explore Marseille and see all the offers and efforts that are being made for a more responsible tourism, with notably new guided tours and 21 hotels with « Green Key » certification.
What’s in this eco-responsible famtrip:
- A stay at the 5* Hotel Dieu Intercontinental and Green Key hotels visits (Hotel 96 – 3* and La Résidence du Vieux Port 4*).
- A stroll in « Maison Empereur », Père Blaise herbalist’s shop, the Old Port daily fish market, the Espérantine olive oil chocolate factory, and the Soap of Marseille museum of La Licorne to showcase our local know-how and traditions.
- A tour of our most beautiful sites: Notre-Dame de la Garde basilica, Le Corbusier’s Cité Radieuse, a UNESCO World Heritage site, the National museum Mucem, Regards de Provence museum, the Palais Longchamp, the « Panier » district and the Old Port.
- A visit of the prehistoric Cosquer Méditerranée cave replica and its exhibition on the climate,
followed by a hike in the Calanques National Park with a naturalist guide
- Visits and transfers in electric vehicles,
- Château d’If visit by electric boat with Eco-Calanque could not be done due to weather conditions, but the agencies are determined to come back and discover the city for a longer time and thus sail along our coasts!
France is close to Holland, which allow the Dutch to reach the country easily and enables for a longer stay. The trend is to travel locally, with a longer stay to get to know the country’s way of life better. Marseille responds to the Dutch’s expectations!
We would like to thank all our partners who are committed to sustainable tourism and who hosted this famtrip to highlight a Marseille that is changing and evolving with ever greater ambition!