- The santons (Christmas crib figures) fair announces the first signs of Christmas ;
- The 4th of December, Saint Barbara’s day, marks the beginning of Advent and the inhabitants of Provence let grains of wheat or lentils sprout in saucers ;
- Materialized by the big supper, the 24 December ;
- Appreciated with the pastorals ;
- Prolonged the 6 January with the Epiphany ;
- Ended the 2 February at Candlemas.
In Provence, Christmas is a succession of rites and costums that are perpetrated in the respect of traditions. We invite you to discover and to share these moments with us in good humour.